Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcoming 2024 And Looking Back At 2023

 


Another year has rolled around.  It's time to take stock of what has gone on and what is to come.  2023 was a good reading year for me.  I read 290 books although I had hoped to read 300.  I read a good amount from my shelves and gave away what I read.  I joined another book club so I'm now in four; a mystery, a science fiction, a reading around the world and a literary fiction group.  I did my first book challenges the 52 Books and Reading Around The United States with the Book Girls.  My daughter moved out to her own apartment so DH and I are empty nesters once again.  Here, in no particular order, were my favorite reads of the year:

  1. Starling House by Alix Harrow
  2. The Enchantress Of Florence by Salman Rushdie
  3. Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell (a reread)
  4. Museum Of Failures by Thirty Umrigar
  5. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
  6. The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
  7. City Of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett
  8. The Lost Kings by Tyrell Johnson
  9. South Of Broad by Pat Conroy
  10. The Once And Future Witches by Alix Harrow
  11. Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
  12. Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
  13. Tomorrow And Tomorrow And Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zavin
  14. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
  15. Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
  16. Thistlefoot by Gennerose Nethercott
Here are my goals for 2024:
  1. Read from my shelves again and give away what I've read
  2. Read Middlemarch and one other classic
  3. Read an entire science fiction series, an entire mystery series
  4. Finish all my challenges for 2024
  5. Write seventy-five reviews for Netgalley.
As always, Happy Reading!


No comments: