Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Booksie's Shelves, December 3, 2014


December already!  It's hard to believe 2014 is almost over but it's been a year full of great reading.  For the first time I can remember, I'm not requesting any books this year.  I'm overwhelmed with the stacks already here and need to make a major dent in what I already own. At last count, I have around 6500 books in my physical library and about 1500 ebooks so it's time to start widdling the stacks down. I read and review everything I accept, but have become more selective in what I accept since the early days of blogging.  On the other hand, I have just joined the Kindle Unlimited program once I realized that some of the books were audio and that I could listen to them while I exercise.  I'd been going to the library to get audiobooks, and really, that is like setting a child loose in a toy shop so the Kindle Unlimited option will work better for me.  Here's what's come through the door lately:

1.  Grown Ups, Robin Antalek, women's literature, sent by publisher
2.  Hush Hush, Laura Lippman, mystery, sent by publisher
3.  The Kind Worth Killing, Peter Swanson, mystery, sent by publisher
4.  The Wilderness Of Ruin, Roseanne Montillo, mystery, sent by publisher
5.  The Fragile World, Paula DeBoard, literary fiction, sent by a friend
6.  Everlasting Lane, Andrew Lovett, literary fiction, sent by publisher
7.  The Barter, Siobhan Adcock, suspense, sent by publisher
8.  Well In Time, Suzan Still, historical fiction, sent by author
9.  Alphabet House, Jussi Adler-Olsen, mystery, sent by publisher
10.  Lost And Found, Brooke Davis, literary fiction, sent by publisher
11.  The Pocket Atlas Of Remote Islands, Judith Schalansky, travel and reference, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm currently reading:

1.  The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of The Year, Volume 6, various, Kindle
2.  Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walter, paperback
3. The River Of Souls, Robert McCammon, paperback
4.  The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner, Kindle Fire
5.  Sold For Endless Rue, Madeleine Robins, hardback
6.  The Bone Clocks, David Mitchell, hardback
7.  The Rise And Fall Of Great Powers, Tom Rachman, paperback
8.  The Paying Guests, Sarah Waters, Kindle Fire
9.  Bittersweet, Miranda Beverly-Whitemore, paperback
10.  The Hidden Ones, Nancy Madore, paperback
11.  The Perfect Stranger, Wendy Corsi Staub, paperback
12.  The Orchid Affair, Lauren Willig, hardback

 Happy Reading!


No comments: