Thursday, October 3, 2013

On The Horizon--A New Weekly Feature At Booksie's Blog


One thing that book bloggers learn early--there are almost an infinite number of books that are yearning to be read and reviewed!  I get tons of books every week.  I buy a lot, work with many publishers, and get invitations from authors. I'm a Vine reviewer for Amazon and a reviewer for Curled Up With A Good Book.   I have way too many books, and don't accept everything I'm offered.  One of my firm rules is that I will eventually read and review everything I accept.  But that can take a while due to the sheer number of books rolling in.  Regardless of my intentions, I can't really read more than a dozen or so books a month.

So, I've decided to start a new feature.  Every week or so, I'll list the books that I've gotten that are joining the review pile.  Then I'll write the review as normal once I've had a chance to read the book.  That way, authors who have been kind enough to share their books with me but are patiently waiting for a review will at least get their books featured and my readers will know that the book has passed the first level of review with me--that of being accepted from the many that I'm offered.  Without further ado, here's the books that came in this week:

1.  Growing The Money Tree by John Svazic.  Sent by author.
2.  A Permanent Member Of The Family by Russell Banks.  Sent by publisher.
3.  The House Of Journalists by Tim Finch.  An Amazon Vine reviewer book.
4.  The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice.  Sent by publisher.
5.  The Book Of Night Women by Marlon James.  Paperback Swap book.
6.  The Whole Golden World by Kristine Riggle.  Sent by publisher.
7.  Stone Cold Red Hot by Cath Staincliffe.  Paperback Swap book.
8.  The Peppered Moth by Margaret Drabble.  Paperback Swap book.
9.  Transgressions by Sarah Dunant.  Paperback Swap book.
10  A Glass Of Blessings by Barbara Pym.  Purchased on Kindle.
11.  The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner.  Purchased on Kindle.
12.  The Wettest Country In The World by Matt Bondurant.  Purchased on Kindle.
13.  Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride.  Purchased on Kindle.
13.  Dying Light by Stuart MacBride.  Purchased on Kindle.
14.  Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride.  Purchased on Kindle.

Whew!  So if you are an author waiting for a review, take heart.  I will get to you, but there are so many great books in the world that it may take a while. 


No comments: