Friday, December 31, 2021

Booksie's 2021 Year In Review

 


Another year is gone.  For some reason, 2021 just didn't make much of a mark on my memory; it seemed to fly by without much going on.  For much of it, we stayed at home due to the pandemic but we did venture out a bit.  We went to Sanibel Island in April, and have gotten to visit our son, DIL and grandkids a couple of times this year.  That was especially welcome as we didn't see them for eighteen months prior.  I'm in three bookclubs and while they were mostly online, we have started to meet in person for one of them and another occasionally.  I've still been reading quite a lot.  I finished 195 books this year.  Reading goals I've met or making progress on:

1.  Reading from my own shelves.  Pretty much except for book club choices, I've read from my shelves and I'm slowly but surely whittling my collection down.

2.  Reading anthologies.  I always have one going and will for many more months.  I think I've found around another dozen on my shelves so this will be another goal for 2022.

3.  Working on the Wheel Of Time series.  I'm on book eleven now so hopefully will finish this year.

4.  Listening to more audiobooks.  I listened to 36 audiobooks this year.

5.  Reading more nonfiction.  I read 19 nonfiction books this year.

Here are the books I read that I liked the best:

  1. Underland by Robert MacFarland
  2. I Am Pilgrim, Terry Hayes
  3. All The King's Men, Robert Penn Warren
  4. Girl, Woman, Other, Bernadine Evaristo
  5. Winter's Heart, Robert Jordan
  6. The Coffin Maker's Garden, Stuart MacBride
  7. The Quiet Boy, Ben Winters
  8. The Blacktongue Thief, Christopher Buehlman
  9. The Window Seat, Aminatta Forna
  10. The Golfinch, Donna Tartt
  11. The Painter, Peter Heller
  12. Nottingham, Nathan Makaryk
My goals for 2022:
  1. Continue to read from my own shelves and donate what I've read
  2. Finish the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan
  3. Always have an anthology going
  4. Read all of Karin Slaughter's books in order
  5. Read at least four classics
Happy Reading for 2022!

No comments: