Thursday, June 2, 2022

I Love Everybody by Laurie Notaro

 

In this anthology, Laurie Notaro shares her life as only she can.  I'm not usually a laugh out loud person but this book got me giggling and laughing until I was gasping for breath.  She has recurring characters such as the meth head handyman who has decided Laurie is his best friend and personal ATM.  In the title piece, she goes to Costco determined to show her sweeter side but ends up frustrated by the store traffic and the competition for the food samples and ends up yelling at an elderly woman with an oxygen machine so decides maybe she doesn't love everybody after all.  The reader learns about her job frustrations and her marriage.  I defy anyone to read about how Laurie's favorite corduroy overalls simply exploded while she was putting them on after years of wear.  This book is hilarious and recommended for readers who need a lift to their day.

No comments: