Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Booksie's Shelves, January 29, 2020


The first month of January in this new decade is about over.  We haven't really had much winter this year and no snow.  My daffodils are up and think it is spring so I hope we don't get a blast of artic air.  I've been doing the round of doctors for annual visits and have seen so many that I think I might be keeping the medical profession going on my own.  January has been a stellar reading month for me this year and I've finished fourteen books and probably will finish one more.  I decided I wanted to read more Australian fiction so bought an order of Aussie books that are now here.  Here's what's come through the door:

1.  Unbreakable, Melissa Seal, mystery, sent by publisher
2.  The Winters, Lisa Gabriele, thriller, sent by publisher
3.  Alligator Candy, David Kushnor, true crime, purchased
4.  Courting Mr. Lincoln, Louis Bayard, literary fiction, sent by publisher
5.  Riders In The Chariot, Patrick White, literary fiction, purchased
6.  Jack Maggs, Peter Carey, literary fiction, purchased
7.  The Swan Book, Alexis Wright, literary fiction, purchased
8.  More Than Words, Jill Santopolo, literary fiction, sent by publisher
9.  Dust And Shadows, Lyndsay Faye, mystery, purchased
10.  Midnight, Kevin Egan, thriller, purchased
11.  The Good People, Hannah Kent, literary fiction, purchased
12.  The Lewis And Clark Expedition, Gary Moulton, nonfiction, purchased
13.  The Girl With The Louding Voice, Abi Dare, literary fiction, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  The Hawksweed Prophecy, Irena Brignull, fantasy, hardback
2.  Just One Evil Act, Elizabeth George, mystery, hardback
3.  The Beginner's Goodbye, Anne Tyler, literary fiction, hardback
4.  In The Cold Cold Ground, Adrian McKinty, mystery, audio
5.  Chase Darkness With Me, Billy Jensen, true crime, audio
6.  Rattle, Fiona Cummings, mystery, Kindle Fire
7.  The 71/2 Deaths Of Evelyn Hardcastle, Stuart Turton, mystery, Kindle Fire

Happy Reading!

No comments: