Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Booksie's Shelves, December 24, 2019


Christmas always means lots of books coming into the house.  I tend to give everyone I know books for gifts and while I'm buying for them, I often buy a couple for myself.  Then there are the best of lists that proliferate this time of year and I often end up buying books from various lists. Friends give me books they think I'll like and of course, I sometimes win books or various publishers send me books.   I wish everyone a happy holiday with lots of great books to read in the new year.  With that being said, here's what has come through the door lately:

1. From A Low And Quiet Sea, Donal Ryan, literary fiction, purchased
2.  Beginning With Cannonballs, Jill McCroskey Coupe, literary fiction, sent by publisher
3.  Amnesty, Aravind Adiga, literary fiction, won in contest
4.  A Queen In Hiding, Sarah Kozloff, fantasy, won in contest
5.  The Outsider, Stephen King, thriller, purchased
6.  The Other Gloria, L. A. Villafane, thriller, sent by publisher
7.  Look Me In The Eye, John Elder Robison, memoir, gift
8.  Midwinter, Fiona Melrose, literary fiction, purchased
9.  Death Of A Rainmaker, Laurie Loewenstein, mystery, purchased
10.  Delicious Foods, James Hannaham, literary fiction, purchased
11.  Miss Austen, Gill Hornby, literary fiction, won in contest
12.  House On Fire, Joseph Finder, thriller, sent by publisher
13.  When I Hit You, Meena Kandasamy, literary fiction, purchased
14.  The Guardians, John Grisham, legal thriller, purchased
15.  The Dark Lake, Sarah Bailey, mystery, purchased
16.  Crime Scene, Jonathan and Jesse Kellerman, mystery, purchased
17.  The Lonely Witness, William Boyle, mystery, purchased
18.  Beatlebone, Kevin Barry, literary fiction, purchased
19.  Bent Road, Lorie Roy, mystery, purchased

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  Ancestral Night, Elizabeth Bear, Kindle Fire
2.  The Orphanmaster, Jean Zimmerman, paperback
3.  The Third Wife, Lisa Jewell, audio
4.  Milkman, Anna Burns, paperback
5.  Storm Prey, John Sandford, hardback
6.  Lions Of The West, Robert Morgan, hardback
7.  Once Upon A River, Diane Satterfield, Kindle Fire

Happy Reading!


No comments: