Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Booksie's Shelves, January 2, 2018


It's a start of another new year and Booksie wishes all readers a happy, healthy prosperous year!  I'm doing a 2017 wrap up of my reading year along with a listing of what's come through the door lately and the books I'm in the midst of reading.  In 2017, I read a total of 117 books.  I met the following reading goals:

1.  I read more classics.  This year I read East Of Eden, Bleak House and Moby Dick.
2.  I read a lot more of my own books that are sitting on shelves and in piles. 
3.  I made progress in catching up in series by Mo Hayder, Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman and John Sandford.

I rate my books on a scale of 1-5.  This year the fives included:

1.  The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson
2.  Bleak House, Charles Dickens
3.  The Stress Of Her Regard, Tim Powers
4.  The Lies Of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch
5.  American Gods, Neil Gaiman
6.  Smoke, Dan Vyleta
7.  A Dark So Deadly, Stuart MacBride
8.  A Gentleman In Moscow, Amor Towles
9.  Shame, Salman Rushdie
10.  My Absolute Darling, Gabriel Tallent

Here's what's come through the doors lately:

1.  Morse's Greatest Mystery, Colin Dexter, mystery anthology, won at a party
2. Bone Music, Christopher Rice, mystery, sent for book tour
3.  The Undoing Project, Michael Lewis, nonfiction, won at a party
4.  Swing Time, Zadie Smith, fiction, purchased
5.  The Broken Girls, Simone St. James, suspense, won in a contest
6.  The Chalk Man, C.J. Tudor, mystery, sent for book tour
7.  Still Me, Jojo Moyes, literary fiction, sent by publisher
8.  The Fifth Season, N.K. Jemisin, fantasy, gift from my son
9.  The Obelisk Gate, N.K. Jemisin, fantasy, gift from my son
10.  The Stone Sky, N.K. Jemisin, fantasy, gift from my son
11.  The Mechanical, Ian Tregillis, sci fi, gift from my son
12.  The Rising, Ian Tregillis, sci fi, gift from my son
13.  The Liberation, Ian Tregillis, sci fi, gift from my son

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  Career Of Evil, Robert Galbraith, audio
2.  Strangler, Cory Mitchell, Kindle
3.  You, Caroline Kepnes, paper
4.  The Jury Returns, Louis Nizer, hardback
5.  The New York Trilogy, Paul Auster, paper
6.  The Riverman, Alex Gray, Kindle Fire

7.  A Book Of American Martyrs, Joyce Carol Oates, Kindle Fire
8.  Astonish Me, Maggie Shipstead, Kindle
9.  The Abomination, Jonathan Holt, Kindle Fire
10.  Delia's Shadow, Jamie Lee Moyer, hardback

11,  Victims, Jonathan Kellerman, paper

Happy Reading!

 

No comments: