Thursday, April 17, 2014

Booksie's Shelf, April 17, 2014


I just got back from a week in my favorite city, New York, where I went to Broadway plays and spent hours in art museums.  So good for the soul!  I had my birthday while I was there, so I celebrated when I returned by buying a stack of books this week.  I love chunksters so that's mainly what I got.  Here's what came through the door recently:

1.  Back to Blood, Tom Wolfe, literary fiction, purchased
2. Towers Of Midnight, Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, fantasy, purchased
3.  The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick, non-fiction, purchased
4.  The Hunter, John Lescroart, mystery, purchased
5.  Rome, Robert Hughes, non-fiction, purchased
6.  The Pearl That Broke It's Shell, Nadia Hashimi, literary fiction, sent by publisher
7.  White Coat And Sneakers, Hillary Chollet, memoir, sent by author
8.  The Drummer's Widow, Joanna Fitzpatrick, literary fiction, sent by publisher
9.  Hollow Ground, Natalie Harnett, historical fiction, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm working on reading:

1.  The Luminaries, Eleanor Catton, reading on Kindle
2.  The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner, reading on Kindle Fire
3.  The Orphan Master's Son, Adam Johnson, hardback
4.  Neope's War, Tod Langley, paperback
5.  A March Of Folly, Barbara Tuchman, hardback
6.  A Necessary End, Peter Robinson, paperback
7.  Small Hand And Dolly, Susan Hill, paperback
8.  Cold Granite, Stuart MacBride, reading on Kindle Fire

Here's a hope for great reading for all!


No comments: