Friday, April 3, 2009
COMPLETED GIVEAWAY!!!!! GIRLS IN TRUCKS BY KATIE CROUCH
I'm very excited to announce my first ever giveaway! Thanks to Hachette Books, I'm giving away five copies of Girls In Trucks by Katie Crouch.
Sarah Walters, the narrator of GIRLS IN TRUCKS, is a reluctant Camellia Society debutante. She has always felt ill-fitted to the rococo ways of Southern womanhood and family, and is anxious to shake the bonds of her youth. Still, she follows the traditional path laid out for her. This is Charleston, and in this beautiful, dark, segregated town, established rules and manners mean everything.But as Sarah grows older, she finds that her Camellia lessons fail her, particularly as she goes to college, moves North, and navigates love and life in New York. There, Sarah and her group of displaced deb sisters try to define themselves within the realities of modern life. Heartbreak, addiction, disappointing jobs and death fail to live up to the hazy, happy future promised to them by their Camellia mothers and sisters.When some unexpected bumps in the road--an unplanned birth, a family death--lead Sarah back home, she's forced to take another long look at the fading empire of her youth. It takes a strange turn of events to finally ground Sarah enough to make some serious choices. And only then does she realize that as much as she tried to deny it, where she comes from will always affect where she ends up. The motto of her girlhood cotillion society, "Once a Camellia, always a Camellia," may turn out to have more wisdom and pull to it than she ever could have guessed.
1. Winners must reside in the United States or Canada.
2. No post office boxes as mailing addresses, sorry!
3. The contest will run from April 3rd to midnight, April 11th. April 11th is my birthday, so what a perfect time to give gifts to my bookbuds. Winners will be selected randomly.
4. For one entry in the drawing, please leave a comment with your email address so that I can notify you if you're a winner. If you win, I'll write and get your mailing address so Hachette can get your prize in the mail.
5. For one additional entry, become a follower of this blog and let me know in your comment. If you're already a follower, let me know that also and it will count toward this entry requirement.
6. For one additional entry, cross-post this giveaway at your blog.