Friday, June 1, 2018

Booksie's Shelves, June 1, 2018


It's June 1 and summer has finally arrived in North Carolina.   It's my least favorite month as I don't like being hot and sticky but the plus side of that is more reading time.  I read thirteen books in May and hope to do the same this month.  I had a spell of bad luck in May that also increased my reading time.  My laptop gave up the ghost and I was basically without a computer for about a week till I could order a new one and get it set up.  The same week I picked up a nail in a tire and had to buy a new one and the air conditioner went out, which is a calamity indeed in North Carolina.  My phone also had to be replaced, as it decided not to hold a charge, although I think that was more of Apple doing me in with an upgrade than a real battery issue.  Nonetheless, I upgraded my phone as it had been three or four years since my last one.  My daughter arrived home for the summer from college and this could be her last summer home.  I so enjoy having her around and of course, she is a reader also.  I've been checking out books from the library after a long hiatus and I continue to read more and more on my Kindle Fire.  Those books don't make the list below of new physical books.  Here's the books that have come through the door:

1.  Rust & Stardust, T. Greenwood, mystery, won in contest
2.  The Waters & The Wild, DeSales Harrison, mystery, sent by publisher
3.  Death Doesn't Bargain, Sherrilyn Kenyon, fantasy, sent by publisher
4.  Social Creature, Tara Isabella Burton, thriller, sent by publisher
5.  The Kept Woman, Karin Slaughter, thriller, sent by publisher
6.  Daughter Of A Daughter Of A Queen, Sarah Bird, historical fiction, won in contest
7.  The Devil's Half Mile, Paddy Hirsch, historical mystery, won in contest
8.  Hard Cider, Barbara Stark-Nemon, literary fiction, sent for book tour
9.  Broken Ice, Matt Goldman, mystery, sent by publisher
10.  Hunting Charles Manson, Lis Wiehl, true crime, sent by publisher
11.  A Gathering Of Secrets, Linda Castillo, mystery, sent by publisher
12.  The Stranger You Seek, Amanda Kyle Williams. mystery, purchased
13.  America For Beginners, Leah Frangqui, literary fiction, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  Silver On The Road, Laura Gilman, paperback
2.  The Skeleton Road, Val McDermid, Kindle Fire
3.  The Patron Saint Of Liars, Ann Patchett, paperback
4.  I'll Be Gone In The Dark, Michelle McNamera, audio
5.  Cyrptonomicon, Neal Stephenson, hardback
6.  Golden Bats And Pink Pigeons, Gerald Durrell, Kindle Fire
7.  The Ministry Of Utmost Happiness, Arundhati Roy, hardback
8.  Everybody's Fool, Richard Russo, Paperback

Happy Reading!

No comments: