Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Booksie's Shelves, February 20, 2018


It's almost the end of February with spring on its way.  My daffodils will be blooming sometime this week and I can't wait to see them; they are so optimistic and happy.  I've been reading a lot but haven't finished a lot.  I've only finished two books this month which may be a record for me but that number will go up by the end of the month as I have several that I'll finish before then.  Sports are almost over for me for the year and that's when my reading goes up.  I watch football all the way to the end; with college basketball I watch only till the Tarheels are out of the Big Dance.  Last year, of course, they went all the way and won and I can only hope they do that well this year.  Here's what's come through the door:

1.  Snow City, G.A. Kthryns, thriller, sent by author
2.  How Hard Can It Be?, Allison Pearson, women's lit, won online
3.  Autumn, Ali Simith, literary fiction, purchased
4.  The Burial Society, Nina Sadowsky, mystery, Amazon Vine review book
5.  The Standard Grand, Jay Baron Nicorvo, literary fiction, Amazon Vine review book
6.  Quietus, Vivian Schilling, thriller, sent by publisher
7.  The Lauras, Sara Taylor, literary fiction, Amazon Vine review book
8.  False Friend, Andrew Grant, mystery, Amazon Vine review book
9.  Winter Sisters, Robin Oliveira, historical fiction, sent by publisher
10.  The Storm King, Brendan Duffy, thriller, sent by publisher
11.  The New Boy, Tracy Chevalier, literary fiction, sent by publisher
12.  Crimson Lake, Candice Fox, thriller, sent by publisher
13.  The Darkling Bride, Laura Andersen, historical fiction, sent by publisher

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  Career Of Evil, Robert Galbraith, audio
2.  Strangler, Cory Mitchell, Kindle
3.  You, Caroline Kepnes, paper
4.  The Jury Returns, Louis Nizer, hardback
5.  Possession, A.S.Byatt, hardback
6.  The Woman In The Window, A.J. Finn, Kindle Fire

7.  A Book Of American Martyrs, Joyce Carol Oates, Kindle Fire
8.  Astonish Me, Maggie Shipstead, Kindle
9.  The Abomination, Jonathan Holt, Kindle Fire
10.  The Half-Drowned King, Linnea Hartsuyler, hardback

11,  The Portable Nineteenth-Century African American Women Writers, various, paperback

Happy Reading!

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.