Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Booksie's Bookshelves, March 9, 2016


March already and things are looking up!  After a month on Restatsis, my dry eyes are finally improving and I can read a bit more.  I have entire days now where my eyes don't hurt and don't go blurry with all text 'grayed out'.  This has been a really frustrating time for me as reading is one of my priorities.

It's almost time for March Madness!  My UNC Tarheels won the ACC title this year, and finished with a win over Duke, so while I'd love them to go deep in the tournament, it's been a very successful year already.

We've made a college decision and my daughter will be attending University of South Carolina in the fall.  They are a laid-back, welcoming campus where everyone we met really seemed to understand and be supportive of students so we feel good about this.  I love Columbia and look forward to seeing more of it as she lives there the next couple of years.

But on to the books!  Here's what's come through the door lately:

1.  Lacy Eye, Jessica Treadway, mystery, sent by publisher
2.  Jane Steele, Lyndsay Faye, mystery, sent by publisher
3.  Stand Your Ground, Raeder Lomax, thriller, sent by publisher
4.  Private Citizens, Tony Tulathimutte, literary fiction, sent by publisher
5.  Noah's Wife, Lindsay Starck, literary fiction, won in contest
6.  Two If By Sea, Jacquelyn Mitchard, literary fiction, sent by publisher
7.  The Clockwork Dagger, Beth Cato, fantasy, sent by publisher
8.  The Clockwork Crown, Beth Cato, fantasy, sent by publisher
9.  The Children, Ann Leary, literary fiction, won in contest
10.  Twisted River, Siobhan MacDonald, mystery, sent by publisher
11.  The Dark Room, Minette Walters, mystery, purchased

Here's what I'm reading:

1.  The Dead Student, Jon Katzenbach, paperback
2. The Little Stranger, Sarah Waters, hardback
3.  Lexicon, Max Barry, hardback
4.  The Empty Chair, Jeffrey Deaver, Kindle
5.  The Path Of The Storm, James Maxwell, Kindle Fire
6.  The Maid's Version, Daniel Woodrell, Kindle Fire
7.  The House Of Rumor, Jake Arnott, audio

Happy reading!


No comments: