Sunday, January 24, 2010
GIVEAWAY!!!!! Beyond Blue by Therese Borchard
Therese Borchard may be one of the frankest, funniest people on the planet. That, combined with her keen writing abilities has made her Beliefnet blog, Beyond Blue, one of the most trafficked blogs on the site.
BEYOND BLUE, the book, is part memoir/part self-help. It describes Borchard's experience of living with manic depression as well as providing cutting-edge research and information on dealing with mood disorders. By exposing her vulnerability, she endears herself immediately to the reader and then reduces even the most depressed to laughter as she provides a companion on the journey to recovery and the knowledge that the reader is not alone.
Comprised of four sections and twenty-one chapters, BEYOND BLUE covers a wide range of topics from codependency to addiction, poor body image to postpartum depression, from alternative medicine to psychopharmacology, managing anxiety to applying lessons from therapy. Because of her laser wit and Erma Bombeck sense of humor, every chapter is entertaining as well as serious.
YOU MUST, MUST, MUST LEAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS. I HATE TO NOT USE AN ENTRY BECAUSE I HAVE NO WAY OF NOTIFYING YOU IF YOU WIN. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR ENTRY.
1. The giveaway starts Sunday, January 24th and ends Friday, February 5th.
2. There will be five winners chosen by random number generator.
3. Winners will be notified by email and have three days to respond with their mailing address. After three days, an alternate will be chosen.
4. For one entry, leave a comment with your email address. For additional entries, be a follower, or post to your blog, or twitter the giveaway.
5. Winners must live in the U.S. or Canada. Hachette doesn't deliver to PO Boxes, sorry!
Good luck. I think this one will be fascinating.