The rest of the title of I Hate People! is Kick Loose from the Overbearing and Underhanded Jerks at Work and Get what You Want Out of Your Job. The authors have experience with working outside the corporate frame and bringing innovative methods to their work. Jonathan Littman has written books about innovation and also about computer hackers, a group that personifies this concept. Mark Hershon is a branding expert that has named such products as Blackberry, Pentium, Swiffer and Dansani.
Face it, whether your company has 10 employees or 10,000, you must grapple with people you can't stand in the office. Luckily Jonathan Littman and Marc Hershon have written I HATE PEOPLE!, a smart, counter-intuitive, and irreverent turn on the classic workplace self-help book that will show you how to identify the Ten Least Wanted--the people you hate--while revealing the strategies to neutralize them. Learn to fly right by the "Stop Sign" (nay-sayer) and rise above the pronouncements of the "Know-it-None." I HATE PEOPLE! will teach you how to carve out more time for yourself by becoming a "Soloist"--one of those bold individuals daring to work alone or collaborate with a handful of other talented people....while artfully deflecting the rest.
Thanks to Valerie at Hachette, I'm able to give away five copies of this book. Giveaway rules are:
1. The giveaway starts Saturday, June 20th and ends on Wednesday, July 1st at midnight.
2. There will be five winners, who will be chosen with a random number generator.
3. For one entry, leave a comment. Your email MUST be in the comment to be included.
4. You can get another entry by doing any or all of the following; follow this blog, twitter about this giveaway and post the twitter in your comment, or link to the giveaway on your blog.
5. Winners will have three days to respond with mailing addresses after email notification. Good luck!